Pregnancy can be a beautiful journey full of joy and excitement, but it can also be physically and mentally challenging. Supporting a pregnant friend during this time can go a long way in alleviating the stress and anxiety that comes with it. One way to show your support is by giving thoughtful gifts that can help ease their discomfort. Here are seven ideas that are sure to make your pregnant friend feel appreciated and loved.
1. Body Pillow: Pregnancy can make sleeping a huge challenge as the body constantly changes, and it becomes harder to find a comfortable position to sleep. A body pillow is a perfect gift for your friend to help them sleep better by providing the necessary support. A good body pillow will help your friend’s back, belly, and hips, and the best part is they can continue to use it even after giving birth.
2. Maternity Clothes: As the pregnancy progresses, finding comfortable clothes that fit can become difficult. Gifting your friend with a set of comfortable and stretchy maternity clothes would be a thoughtful gesture. You are not just providing comfort, but also showing that you understand the physical changes that come with pregnancy.
3. Moisturizing lotions and Oils: Pregnancy can cause skin dryness and itchiness, especially around the belly, and stretch marks are not a pleasant sight to behold. Help your friend keep their skin hydrated and supple by gifting them with moisturizing oils and lotions. These products can also help reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
4. Pregnancy Journal: Your friend is experiencing a once in a lifetime experience. Helping them chronicle this journey by gifting them a pregnancy journal is a great idea. This will give them an opportunity to write down their thoughts and feelings, keep track of the baby’s growth and milestones. It’s something they can look back on with fondness in the future.
5. A Birthing Ball: A birthing ball can help ease discomfort during pregnancy and can also help during labor. It helps to relieve back pain, as well as strengthen the core and thigh muscles. Your friend can use the birthing ball to bounce gently or do some pelvic tilts, which can make labor easier.
6. A Spa Day: Pregnancy can be challenging both mentally and physically. Gifting your friend a spa day can help them relax and unwind. A prenatal massage is also an excellent way to help ease any discomfort or tension.
7. Meal Delivery Subscription: Your friend might not have the energy to cook meals throughout pregnancy, and after giving birth, they will likely have their hands full. Gifting them a meal delivery subscription can help make mealtime easier and more convenient. They will appreciate not having to worry about cooking so that they can focus on their health and the baby.
In conclusion, pregnancy can be a beautiful journey, but it’s not always easy. Your thoughtful gifts can go a long way in helping your friend enjoy the experience and feel supported and appreciated. Choose one or a combination of the above gifts, and your pregnant friend will be filled with gratitude.