Exploring Nature: The Best Destinations for Eco-Friendly Holidays
As we become more aware of our impact on the environment, eco-friendly holidays are becoming increasingly popular. These holidays are designed to minimise the impact on the environment while also giving travellers an unforgettable experience in some of the most beautiful places on Earth. If you are interested in exploring nature and experiencing the world’s most stunning and sustainable destinations, here are some of the best destinations to consider for eco-friendly holidays:
1. Costa Rica – Known for its incredible biodiversity, Costa Rica is a nature lovers paradise. The country has a strong commitment to conservation and sustainability, making it the perfect destination for an eco-friendly holiday. Visitors to Costa Rica can enjoy hiking through national parks, spotting exotic wildlife such as sloths, monkeys and toucans.
2. Iceland – Iceland is a stunning and unique destination, where you can witness some of the most incredible natural phenomena such as the Northern Lights, volcanic landscapes, and geothermal pools. The country’s commitment to sustainable tourism has been recognised by the World Economic Forum and it’s capital, Reykjavik, has been named the greenest city in the world.
3. Australia – Australia has an abundance of natural beauty; from the Great Barrier Reef, to the Outback and the rainforests of Tasmania. The country is also known for its eco-tourism and sustainable practices, including eco-friendly accommodation and zero-waste policies in many national parks.
4. Norway – Norway is a leader in sustainable tourism, and it’s easy to see why. With breathtaking fjords, mountains, and national parks, Norway is a dream destination for nature lovers. Visitors can enjoy a wide range of eco-friendly activities, such as hiking, kayaking and whale watching.
5. New Zealand – New Zealand is a country that prides itself on its sustainable practices, making it a great destination for eco-friendly holidays. The country’s natural beauty is renowned globally, from the snow-capped mountains to the glaciers, volcanoes and stunning beaches. Visitors can enjoy a range of eco-friendly activities such as kayaking, hiking, and visiting eco-sanctuaries.
6. Bhutan – Bhutan is a small, landlocked country with a population of around 700,000 people. The country is renowned for its commitment to sustainability, and it is often referred to as the ‘happiest country in the world’. Bhutan has a unique concept of Gross National Happiness (GNH) which prioritises the wellbeing of its people and the environment, over economic development.
7. Costa Navarino, Greece – For those who want to indulge in luxury, Costa Navarino, located in the heart of Messinia, Greece, offers an eco-friendly and sustainable luxury vacation. The resort boasts a number of environmentally conscious practices, including organic gardens, green roofs and energy-efficient buildings. It is surrounded by stunning beaches, olive groves and cultural sites, providing a truly unique holiday experience.
In conclusion, taking an eco-friendly holiday is a great way to minimise your impact on the environment while also experiencing some of the most beautiful destinations on Earth. Whether you choose Costa Rica or New Zealand, Norway or Greece, an eco-friendly holiday is a memorable experience that will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. So, pack your bags and set off on an adventure of a lifetime!